Twitter
RSS

LOG 2: GOOGLE DOCS


Ok so once again we have been asked to trial this program and discuss it, and once again it is something I have used for a long time before this project and I have to say: I LOVE this service!

For me Google docs has been so so useful! I use it with one of my alternative emails, one that all my friends have so it can be bombarded with useless information but also is decent enough to present to any professionals if needed.

So what is Google docs?
It’s basically a word processor online, it allows you to store any files you want on an online database as well as create them then and there…without installing any software!!!

So why do I love it?
  • ·         Have you ever been out and borrowed someone’s computer to do something important but they don’t have a decent work processer? Well that’s where Google docs comes in, you can easily go online and with your Gmail account create a new document or spread sheet easily! Not only that, but for example while I’ve been doing this project I have been travelling a lot, as anyone who is doing the course would know, we end up with loads of documents, so we have the option of sending ourselves the files via an email and hoping the computer we borrow while we are away will be compatible with them, or you can easily upload them into Google docs and go online and edit them within the same program save them there and access them again once you are home! This has been a life saviour for me as I have been travelling a lot lately, and has helped me manage to keep up with my work!


  • ·         BACKUP! So at some point we’ve had bad experiences from not backing up our files! I know I have…but this makes it so easy you can back up important files, and you don’t have to worry about an external hard drive breaking or a memory stick getting lost with al you backups, instead they are online and easy to access! Thank you Google!!! :D



  • ·         Social sharing documents, I have used this program countless times for numerous things. When going to a music festival with friends I will always make a list of what I want to see while I’m there, with Google docs I share it and all my friends who are going with me can see the document and we can compare what everyone wants to see to arrange how we will all do it! I also used it while writing up my dissertation, I had some friends and family who would help proof read the document and with Google docs I simply sent them a text saying it was updated and they could then access the file on their computer and read it, no need to bulk up emails and no need to coincide via messenger!

These are just a few great things about Google docs, but there are many and it has come in handy for me so many times!

One thing however I would like to say is a possible problem I would have with Google docs, is how public your documents can be when sharing them, I wouldn’t share anything majorly private and important, and even work like my dissertation once the person I needed to read it is done I would un-share it simply because I do not trust the privacy of it!

Been careful with things like and keeping it in mind Google docs is a life saviour and one program for which I can honestly say Thank you Google!

=)

Comments (0)

Post a Comment